Monday, March 12, 2012

What if I wasn't going to be a doctor???

After completing my last post about match week I started to think about what I would do if I didn't match at all. Then I started to think about what I would do if I wasn't going to graduate from medical school in May. I thought about this for a while & came up with a bunch of different options: skating coach, house-wife, teacher, zoo keeper, nurse, photographer, boutique owner, writer.... the list went on and on and on.

What I came up with is that I think I would be a few things; above all I would be a mommy to my twins & look for flexible ways to make some money while maximizing my time with them. What I realized is that I really enjoy planning parties, making crafts, and decorating kids rooms. I started looking through some of my old pictures on facebook (right now, I will do just about anything to take my mind off of the match) & I saw pictures of some of my wedding & parties that I have planned since the twins were born & I immediately remembered how much fun I had putting all of the details together for each event.

I also saw pictures of the twins 1st bedroom, their new rooms, & some of the cute little crafts that I have made. Then I looked back over my last few blog entries & became fixated on the "Pinteresting" post. I loved trying to re-create some of the recipes & craft projects that I have pinned. I realize now that I might have to end my Pinterest addiction due to some questions in legality that were brought to my attention by a close friend of mine, & I instantly felt comforted by the fact that I would still be able to spend time searching Etsy for craft ideas! Looking at all of these pictures made me focus on the fact that I take A LOT of pictures & if I am not taking pictures, I am paying to have pictures taken of the twins or my family!

So, there you have it, if I wasn't in so much debt from student loans I would be a craft making, party planning, picture taking Mommy....
But, wait a second, I do all of those things now!

Here are pictures & brief descriptions of events that I have planned & crafty things that I have made recently: ( I will post more of them on another page soon)


A Craft inspired by something I saw on Pinterest:


I made a cabinet for Molly's doll clothes (or her costumes) out of an old dresser!



 * I have been so stressed out about Match week that I haven't been able to sleep. I found an old dresser in the guest bedroom, went to a couple of craft stores (Micheal's & Hobby Lobby) , and after the twins went to bed I made a cute little cabinet! The whole project cost about $15 & took 3-5 hours. Molly loved it, so it was time well spent. 


A Valentine's Day Tea Party













 * Like I said, I love planning parties so, this year I had a Valentine's Day Tea Party for the twins. I purchased a lot of the supplies from Oriental Trading Company & various web sites, invited a few of the twin's little friends & fun was had by all! 



Okay, that is enough for tonight - I have dishes & laundry to do. I will start a new page for parties & crafts soon. Sweet dreams!



No comments:

Post a Comment